1. Be a leader around your home, but lead for the benefit of your wife and children, not for your own benefit.
2. Give your wife breaks from her daily responsibilities.
3. Make memories.
4. Keep your vows sacred. Sometimes better comes after worse.
5. If you are not married, be careful in selecting a spouse. It is one of the most important decisions you will ever make.
6. Be present with your family-emotionally and physically.
7. Be careful what you say and do.
8. Write notes to your children.
9. Honor those in authority over you.
10. Be careful with the authority and influence you have been entrusted with.
Tony Dungy, Uncommon-Finding Your Path to Significance